Friday, April 5, 2013

March Recap

This post is a few days late but I wanted to put together a recap of everything that has been happening in March. To say March was a busy month was an understatement!  I'm not sure how much content I'll be able to post here in April as I have two speaking engagements to prepare for and I have decided I'm going to transition this blog away from Blogger and Feedburner to a WordPress hosted site.  Look for the new site probably sometime in late May based on my schedule right now.

March was our busiest month in recent memory at The Cloudcast (.net).  We published seven podcasts in March including the beginning of our expansion plans with our first podcast branch, the Mobilecast, as well as our first in a series of guest hosts, the always awesome Amy Lewis at Cisco.  Our goal for 2013 is to extend our reach into areas people have told us they want as well as some new faces to the podcast.  Please tell us what you think!

The Cloudcast #76 - Bringing Depth to PaaS for Real World Deployments
The Cloudcast #77 - OpenStack, PaaS APIs, Platform Tools, Automation & News
The Cloudcast #78 - Open Source Software 101
The Cloudcast #79 - DevOps Evolution and the Phoenix Project
The Cloudcast #80 - Regional Cloud Madness

The Mobilecast #1 - A Year of Going Mobile
The Mobilecast #2 - Health, Fitness and Wearable Computing

In addition to this blog I have also been asked to blog about Cloud Computing over at Tech Target.  I have a pretty extensive consulting and operations background so I have been asked to think about cloud computing from an operations standpoint.  I'm aiming for at least one blog a week over there.  Please head on over and subscribe to the blog!  I met my goal in March, here are links:

What Happens When Your Cloud Goes Away?
Cloud Applications and Vanishing Software Generations
Will Clouds Ever Be Open?
Impacts of Cloud Workload Consolidation

Last (but not least!) on this site I published two articles, one on the NYC Cloud Computing Meetup I attended and a new semi-regular news link round up I plan to do.

NYC Cloud Computing Meetup Recap
In Case You Missed It #1

As always, thanks to everyone for coming by and look for big changes coming "soon"!

No comments: