Monday, February 20, 2012

Let's Get This Party Started - P90X Day 1

This should be interesting.  Today I begin a journey that will involve a lot of pain but hopefully some great results.  With the assistance of VMware's Chris Colotti I'm committed to a P90X 90 Day Challenge. Today was Day One.  I just completed my first workout and the pain hasn't settled in yet, but I know it will.  I'm not going to turn the blog into a fitness blog but I will be posting my progress from time to time as well as the tools I'm using.

I'm also going to try to continue to run.  I've signed up for a ten mile race in April and a half marathon in May.  Right now I'm running 5-8 miles 3x a week.  I'll probably reduce that to start but I will do my best to continue my running in addition to the program.

Below is a breakdown of the tools, there are links to most everything from Chris' website.

  • Standard P90X videos (they're hard enough!) - Right now I'm recording my workouts on the paper sheets instead of in the iPhone P90X app. I like to take a lot of notes and I use the bands instead of the pull up bar for now and the iPhone app doesn't seem as flexible for recording this information.
  • Shakeology meal replacement once a day
  • P90X pre-workout drink and post workout drink
  • P90X protein bars for snacks (I bought a box but mainly to test them out and see the nutrition content. I really want to just buy something similar at the grocery store, time will tell if I can make this happen)
  • P90X diet and website.  I signed up, took the pictures and measurements (that was embarrassing!) and I will be tracking my workouts there.
  • I'm going to track my diet at Fat Secret per Chris' recommendation.  Seems like a great and easy to use website and has an iPhone app for food tracking
Wish me luck!

No comments: