Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011 By The Numbers and a Change for 2012

A Quick Look Back on 2011

Wow - What an awesome year!  I can't thank everyone enough for taking the time to come by the site!!  I'm still amazed that anyone reads my articles.  Thank you again for all your time and I have some big plans for 2012.  Here are some stats for 2011:
  • The total page views for my site as of today for the year will be: 209,139!!!
  • I currently average around 20,000 page views per month
  • Here's a screenshot from my stats page:
  • I also hover somewhere between 700-900 RSS subscribers.
  • Feedburner won't let me pull stats for the last year but lifetime I'm at 120,264 views and 20,566 clicks on links in my articles.
  • Here's a screenshot from my RSS stats page:

If you combine the total page counts along with the 100,000 I had from my previousWord Press setup for 2007-2009 I'm sitting at somewhere around 425,000 views on my sites since starting blogging in January 2007.  If you would have told me almost half a million people will look at my site, I would have never believed you!

Lastly, Brian Gracely and I started a podcast (the Cloudcast) in February of this year and we have seen explosive growth over the last 9 months.  When I looked at the stats the other day over 20% of our total downloads were in the last 30 days!  We look forward to expanding the content and hopefully providing quality information to everyone!

What's in Store for 2012?

I recently changed roles within VCE.  I'll be leading a team that will specialize in management, orchestration, and automation products from our partners and parents.  The truth is I really don't do much with the underlying components anymore.  I plan to shift the focus of the blog going forward around these products and I also plan to go dabble in "cloud" products (AWS, OpenStack, CloudStack, etc.).  I'm really excited for 2012 and I hope you join me for the ride.

Thank You! Thank you! & Thank you again to everyone for coming by!!

No comments: